Capability Gap [1.CGF.11] Health risks related to the daily operations...More
Three primary routes of migration flows arrive in Europe:
- The Eastern Mediterranean route has been used for many years as an entry path into Europe, and saw the continent’s biggest migratory wave since Second World War when 885,000 migrants used it to reach the EU in 2015.
- The Central Mediterranean route, stretching between North Africa and Italy has been used for hundreds of thousands of migrants in recent years.
- Flows through the Western Mediterranean route, stretching across the sea between Spain and Morocco, have increased significantly. This path has also been the main route used by criminal networks to smuggle drugs into the Europe.
- Urgent action to improve the conditions in the Eastern Mediterranean
- More solidarity on Search and Rescue
- Accelerate evacuations from Libya
More infromation is available in the European Commission Migration and Affairs article, here.
Existing technological tools used by practitioners are outdated
Capability Gap [1.CGF.10] Existing technological tools used by practitioners are...More
Lack of a common risk analysis process
Capability Gap [1.CGF.9] Lack of a common risk analysis process...More
Information databases / repositories from various practitioners at National and European level are not interconnected
Capability Gap [1.CGF.8] Information databases / repositories from various practitioners...More